My One Big Goal - 700 miles


My One Big Goal - 700 miles


Running from Lancaster, Pennsylvania to Savannah, Georgia

Miles Run So Far: 63.7

Miles To Go: 636.3

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

holy golf balls, batman!

I've read over & over in Runner's World that elites roll a golf ball under their foot to ease tension and take care of some foot issues with fancy sounding names...When I was dealing with the tight Achilles these past few weeks, I kept meaning to try this little trick. But, truthfully, the only thing thing I might be an "elite" at is in the WuzGunna department (as in "I wuzgunna try rolling a golf ball, but didn't").

Well, this morning, my feet felt tight and after I was done with my yoga, and had a few minutes while Claire was still taking her tubby, I thought, "Well, why not?" I figured, this would mean a life of freedom for at least one of the golf balls that have been languishing for almost 5 years in my unused golf bag. I went into the basement, found a nice, white Top Flight in my bag, and started to roll...DAMN! it felt AWESOME!

And my feet have felt great all day - kinda like a mini foot massage. I've also taken to really rubbing my calves and Achilles at the end of the day. I don't want them to get too tight now that I've ramped up my running again. So far, so good. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I LOVE the golf ball, tennis ball, Stick and foam roller. OK, the Stick, not so much. It hurts, but in a good way.
    Glad you are finding relief.

    ReplyDelete