My One Big Goal - 700 miles


My One Big Goal - 700 miles


Running from Lancaster, Pennsylvania to Savannah, Georgia

Miles Run So Far: 63.7

Miles To Go: 636.3

Thursday, March 25, 2010

busy day, but made my run

So, here's how my day played out: up at 7-ish and had a few quiet minutes with the hubby to chat & sip coffee before he heads upstairs to get ready for work & I make his lunch. Claire is up by 7:40, and we read "Harold and the Purple Crayon" (oh, I love that book! it's one of the books I read to Claire while I was pregnant). Glenn leaves, and I say to Claire, "Let's hang up your name letters!" She's all excited because it's been almost 2 months since we moved and still her things aren't on the walls of the room she and Sarah share. I hang up things, clean & dust her room (while she uncleans her room...gggrrr...). Then, I go and sort several loads of laundry and start the first of what is four loads. Sweep and wash the floor. Wash some walls in the kitchen & parlor (years of finger prints and dust). Keep doing laundry. Play with Claire. Laundry. Clean Claire's room again. Laundry. Make rice for dinner that night. Laundry. Read to Claire. Draw Mickey Mouse with Claire. Finally change out of pjs and into running clothes. Start to make dinner. Realize I am missing one ingredient, go to store, come home, finish making supper (into the oven it goes). Glenn is minutes from home, I call him and say, "I'm going on a run. Dinner's in the oven."

Phew. All of that just to get through to my run. It was a lovely day for it. Almost 70 degrees. And after everything I did around the house today, I was ACHING for a run. I was close to that "if mommy's not happy, no one's happy" place, and the one thing that makes this momma happy is running. Leave all your worries behind.

As I hit the road (much too fast...I ran my first half mile in blazing speed, 4:02) I could feel my shoulders lift, my tight back unwind, and my legs stretch out. The air was warm, and I was oh so happy for this time to be free. Oh so happy that I have a wonderful husband who supports me as I pass off three hungry kids (and one or two kinda grumpy ones) the second he walks in the door from work.

I slowed down my run - there was no way I could ever keep up an 8 minute pace for 3 miles! But I was loving the run. After yesterday's migraine, being on the road felt delicious. And with the weather turning cold this weekend, I was glad to hit 70*!

My run: 3 miles in 31:39 and loving every second.

No comments:

Post a Comment